Tanaiste says full employment is next target after bailout exit
Energy minister insists he got fair price for Bord Gáis
Taoiseach in 'no doubt' as to what the CRC board should do
We're a viral republic
Rents in Dublin are officially up
More on the Oscars:
"It came true"
These were the words of Anne Hathaway as she collected her Oscar for Best Supporting Actress at last night's Academy Awards.
The awards that were given out came as no major shock to anyone, but there were a few surprises on the night.
Michele Obama made an unexpected appearance as she preseneted the Best Picture award to Argo, alongside Jack Nicholson
As Daniel Day Lewis became the first man ever to be awarded three Academy Awards for Best Actor, there was also a joint Oscar given out for Best Editing for Zero Dark Thirty's Paul N.J. Ottosson AND Skyfall'sPer Hallberg and Karen Baker Landers. It is only the third time in the last 85 years that this has happened.
Jennifer Lawerence took her stumble on the steps as she went to collect her Oscar for Best Actress, which she received for Silver Linings Playbook. Smiling into the cheering crowd, she said "You guys are just standing up because you feel bad that I fell,a nd that's really embarrassing, but thank-you"
Jennifer Lawerence's fall is here: (Full list of winners is below)
Full list of Oscar Winners
- BEST PICTURE. "Argo"
- BEST ACTOR Daniel Day-Lewis, "Lincoln
- BEST ACTRESS Jennifer Lawrence, "Silver Linings Playbook"
- BEST DIRECTOR Ang Lee, "Life of Pi"
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR Christoph Waltz, "Django Unchained"
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS Anne Hathaway, "Les Miserables"
- BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY Chris Terrio, "Argo"
- BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY Quentin Tarantino, "Django Unchained"
- BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM "Amour" Austria
- BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM "Brave"
- BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE "Searching for Sugar Man"
- BEST ORIGINAL SONG "Skyfall" from "Skyfall"
- BEST SCORE "Life of Pi"
- BEST VISUAL EFFECTS "Life of Pi"
- BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY "Life of Pi"
- BEST COSTUMES "Anna Karenina "
- BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING "Les Miserables"